Made by the White Sewing Machine Company, Cleveland, Ohio, USA.
This car was imported into the country as a chassis and bodied by Cann & Company of London with a Rear Entrance Tonneau.
We have yet to find who first purchased it. Dennis Blackford owned it in the 1940s to 1955 and then Clifford Ellis until 1956. From then Alan Betteridge kept it in his garage window in Southampton and completed many London to Brighton Runs with it up until 1994. The car was then painted white with a bench rear seat and had the registration number CR 13.
Paul Morgan of Ilmor Engineering (think Indycars and the Penske team), then purchased it, running it until his untimely passing in an aircraft accident in 2002. He had the car fully restored with much work done on the body returning the body-work as it originally was, he modified most of the steaming system, (which isn’t a good idea on a White!), he also entered in and completed several VCC London to Brighton runs.
The current owner purchased it from his widow in 2014 and has since done much work done returning all the systems as they were originally made.
The car has since toured parts of Germany in 2015 with four adults riding in it, and followed the Midi Canal with in the South of France in 2016. It has also toured extensively in England.
The car is now running on a mixture of petrol and kerosene (heating oil).
Please note, this car is not kept on site, viewing strictly by appointment for genuinely interested parties, please call Mike on 01736 762402